Accounting Manager – job description (PDF)
Great Rivers United Way’s vision is for all individuals and families in our communities to achieve their full potential through education, income stability, and living healthy lives. Join a team that has fun doing serious work. This position has the opportunity to work from home up to two days each week.
Great Rivers United Way is hiring a full-time Accounting Manager. This position:
- Maintains accurate accounting and personnel records
- Performs all accounting functions, including payroll and quarterly reporting, accounts payable, accounts receivable, and monthly financial statement preparation
- Is responsible for the campaign database by processing pledges and corresponding payments
- Prepares the annual budget and tracks month-to-month expenditures
- Provides regular reporting to Great Rivers United Way’s Board of Directors and Finance Committee
- Invests the agency’s assets
- Files all required United Way Worldwide reports to maintain membership accountability
- Is responsible for internal and grant-related financial reporting, and
- Works with auditors to produce an accurate annual audit and IRS 990 form
Requirements: Must have, at minimum, an Associate’s degree in Accounting or related field. Minimum two years of accounting experience with exposure to payroll and benefits. Must be able to prepare accurate financial statements. Need basic computer skills, with prior experience maintaining a database preferred. Need an understanding of the difference between non-profit and for-profit accounting practices, as Great Rivers United Way is a non-profit organization.
Must be able to work independently, problem solve, effectively communicate, prioritize workflow and projects, maintain confidentiality, adapt to change, and do multiple tasks within a day.
Great Rivers United Way works to build a more inclusive and equitable world, starting here in the Coulee Region. Candidates from diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply.
See complete job description (PDF) to apply.