Donor Development Specialist
Job Title: Donor Development Specialist
Reports to: Resource Development Director
Key team member of the Development department who focuses on building and maintaining donor relationships throughout a seven-county region. This position will be responsible for creating corporate and individual relationships with the goal of raising donations. Emphasis for this role is to relate well to people in general but also be comfortable talking with business owners and top management of organizations. Public speaking is a big part of this position as well as excellent communication skills overall. Must enjoy and excel at interpersonal interaction.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Using an existing potential donor list, both businesses and individuals, create and implement communication strategies to increase donations and acquire new donors.
- Monitor relationships, cultivating year-round and using a CRM tool to track donor contacts. Managing accounts in all areas, such as development of online pledge forms, campaign material delivery, and results tracking.
- Activities assigned with this position include company research and out reach
- Coordinating Community Impact tours
- Sponsorship acquisition
- Special event planning
- Coordination of affinity groups
- Minimum Education – Associates Degree in Communication, Sales/Marketing, or Business with at least 2-3 years of similar experience. Bachelor’s Degree in Communications, Sales/Marketing, or Business with less than 2 years of experience.
- Minimum Experience – Depending on education level, 1-3 years in the following similar experiences: account or project management, relationship management, customer service, sales or fundraising.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Required – knowledge of people and interpersonal relationships
- Preferred – knowledge of fund development practices
- Required – Advanced language and communication skills
- Preferred – Negotiation and “deal closing” skills
- Computer Skills
- Required – Proficiency in Microsoft Suite and database usage experience
- Required – Ability to speak effectively in front of large and small groups, ability to initiate new relationships
Application Deadline: February 18, 2022
A letter of interest and resume are required for all applicants, and can be sent to:
- Mail: GRUW-HR/Finance Director, 1855 East Main Street, Onalaska, WI 54650
- Email: email@example.com
Great Rivers United Way is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to a work environment that supports, inspires, and respects all individuals.