Great Rivers Hub Operations Manager
Job Title: Operations Manager, Great Rivers Pathways Community Hub (job description PDF)
Reports to: Director, Great Rivers Hub
Organization: Great Rivers United Way
BACKGROUND AND GENERAL DESCRIPTION
Great Rivers United Way is working in partnership across government, health, and nonprofit sectors to create a system of community care coordination that among several objectives will connect people in need with resources available and assure at-risk populations are connected to holistic supports to improve their health. The nationally standardized Pathways Community HUB model focuses on completing pathways for high-risk individuals to reduce their risk and improve their overall health. Great Rivers Hub is the local implementation of the Pathways Community HUB model.
Great Rivers Hub functions as an administrative center for a community and region-wide network of care coordination agencies throughout identified communities who connect health and social services resources to disadvantaged populations. This model screens families for risk factors and connects them to Community Care Coordinators, such as Community Health Workers, who work for a variety of nonprofits and serve as a link to existing community resources.
A full-time Hub Operations Manager will be responsible for managing the day-to-day operations of the Hub model as well as working closely with the Hub Director to manage the implementation of the strategic direction and expansion of Great Rivers Hub.
Develop and implement the Great Rivers Hub and the network of care coordination agencies and Community Care Coordinators who will address needs of at-risk populations to mitigate risks and improve overall health. Manage a system to find the most at-risk populations, provide effective community care coordination, and measure results.
Pathways Community HUB model Management
- Monitor Pathway completion status and data (completed, accurate and timely data entry) input to the Hub
- Attend Hub-related meetings: Community Advisory Board, and Steering Committee meetings and other meetings as necessary. Take notes at Community Advisory and Steering Committee meetings and provide updates as requested
- Approve monthly reimbursement to CCAs based on identified protocol and contracts
- Use CCS database to create and send monthly invoice reports to Hub Director for review
- Support all Hub expansion activities and participate in grant/payer related activities as identified by Hub Director
Care Coordination Agency Support and Management
- Maintain positive relationships with Care Coordination Agencies (CCAs)
- Ensure CCAs are maintaining compliance with Great Rivers Hub Policies and Procedures
- Prepare CCS reports when requested for Hub Director and for community Care Coordination Agencies (CCAs) and educate CCA supervisors on how to access reporting resources
- Communicate with Care Coordination Agencies and monitor the Hub database to ensure quality care is provided to clients by Community Care Coordinators to include appropriate connection to interventions according to developed protocols
- Conduct at least quarterly Reviews/Audits of database, information and report out results to Hub Director and CCAs; monitor quality improvement recommendations and requirements
- Ensure CCAs and CCCs/CHWs are connected to Hub Resource Specialist for appropriate resource alignment and pathway completion
- Coordinate with Hub Intervention Coordinator to ensure CCAs and CCCs/CHWs are receiving education and training regarding developed intervention protocols and documenting appropriately within the Hub database
- Facilitate monthly Community of Practice meetings, in coordination with Hub staff for CCAs/CCCs/CHWs
- Facilitate monthly Supervisor meetings for CCA Supervisors
- Provide training and support as needed to CCAs for continued service and contract compliance with Great Rivers Hub, to include database navigation, Pathways, interventions/protocols and other relevant areas of support as identified by Hub Policies and Procedures
- Communicate, at least monthly, with referral sources to identify active clients and their assigned CCC/CHW
- Provide training to referral sources on an ongoing basis
- Maintain effective communication and relationships with key community partners in government, social services and healthcare
- Be prepared to present on the care coordination agencies and their roles in the Great Rivers Hub
- Collaborate with the Hub Director and staff to identify community service gaps and needs as identified by Hub data collection
- Assist in planning Hub-related events and informational meetings with interested parties
- Prepares, distributes, and maintains variety of reports as directed by Hub Director, to include monthly operations update to Steering Committee
Great Rivers United Way Responsibilities
- Develop and maintain a thorough and nuanced understanding of Great Rivers United Way programs and initiatives
- Represent all Great Rivers United Way partner agencies with integrity and respect.
- Attend weekly staff meetings
- Attend GRUW related events and provide needed updates as requested by GRUW staff, Executive Director and Board of Directors
- Other duties as assigned
Our preferred candidate would have a Bachelor’s degree in public health, human services, or related field.
Minimum of two years of progressively responsible experience in human service, public health, administration and project management, community engagement and implementing processes through technological solutions.
Knowledge of public health and/or human services and nonprofit management. Specific knowledge of outcome-based planning, and program development. Ideally, knowledge of technological development, care coordination/peer support specialists, and client case management.
Strong organizational and time management skills. Ability to work independently. Excellent program management and implementation skills. Ability to work in a fast-paced, dynamic environment, handling multiple tasks simultaneously. Demonstrated ability to build and sustain productive relationships and work professionally and effectively with diverse individuals, groups, organizations and communities. Comfortable facilitating group meetings and trainings. Familiarity with health care and social services available in the region. Intermediate computer skills in Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Some regional travel will be required
- Must be able to pass a background check and monthly exclusion checks
Application Deadline: March 15, 2019
Send letter of interest and resume to:
GRUW – Human Resources
1855 East Main Street
Onalaska, WI 54650
Or, email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Great Rivers United Way is an Equal Opportunity Employer.