Social Media & Marketing Intern
Supervisor: Adrianne Olson, Marketing Director
Job Type: Internship
Major: AV Technology & Communications; Business Management/Administration; Creative Media/Graphic Design; English; Management & Leadership; Marketing; Visual Communications
Number of positions available: 1
Great Rivers United Way (GRUW) is seeking a creative and detail-oriented student to assist with its communications and marketing strategy.
GRUW unites people and resources to improve lives and strengthen communities. GRUW accomplishes this by partnering with businesses and organizations in its seven-county service region, facilitating and funding collective efforts to move the needle on large social issues that cannot be solved by one organization alone.
This internship will include, but not be limited to, the following:
- Generating digital content, as well as tracking and analysis of results, for GRUW’s social media channels, e-newsletter, and website.
- Researching, presenting, and implementing new digital marketing opportunities.
- Implementing worldwide brand and communication standards with tailored messages for local audiences.
- Planning and promotion of one-time fundraising opportunities such as restaurant nights and sweepstakes drawings.
- Participating in monthly meetings of the Marketing & Fund Development Committee with board members, marketing experts, other community volunteers, and staff.
- Attending professional development and networking opportunities with the Marketing Director.
Hours/week: Flexible – 9 to 15 hours/week (144-240 hours total)
The ideal applicant will possess strong written and oral communication skills, and the ability to think critically and work independently. Completion of some college-level courses in marketing or related fields; additional marketing and public relations training; understanding of public relations and social media platforms. As this internship is located in Onalaska, reliable transportation is required. Preferred, but not required: experience with the Adobe Creative Cloud (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign); prior volunteer/work experience with a non-profit organization.
Send resume and cover letter to Lorie Fredrickson – email@example.com, or Great Rivers United Way, Attn: Marketing Internship, 1855 E. Main St., Onalaska, WI 54650. Questions may be directed to Lorie via the email above, or by calling (608) 796-1400.