How can United Way help?
Great Rivers United Way receives phone calls and emails from people seeking assistance on a daily basis. While we empathize immensely with these struggles, United Way is not able to provide monetary support directly to individuals. We only fund programs; however, a number of those programs, or the following partnerships, may be helpful to you!
Requests for direct assistance are referred to Great Rivers 211, a United Way partner, for a more complete referral.
Campaign to Change Direction
The Campaign to Change Direction is a national mental health awareness movement. The La Crosse community is fortunate to be one of only a few regional locations kicking off the campaign. For more information, please visit the Campaign to Change Direction website.
Great Rivers United Way is a resource for disaster response and recovery. If you need to report disaster-related damage; would like to request the services of a case worker; and/or are interested in helping with a gift of money or time, please visit our disaster response page for more information.
Great Rivers 211 is a United Way funded partner offering information and referral and crisis line services. To reach Great Rivers 211:
- call 2-1-1 (landline) or 1 (800) 362-8255 (cell phone),
- live chat at www.greatrivers211.org,
- or text your zip code to 898211.
Help for Hard Times
Great Rivers United Way has partnered with Great Rivers 211 to compile a guide to help people who are struggling within the Great Rivers Region. View the Help for Hard Times guide (pdf).
My Free Taxes
The MyFreeTaxes Partnership provides free state and federal tax preparation and filing assistance for qualified individuals. The MyFreeTaxes Partnership’s online and in-person tax preparation and filing services have helped millions of families claim billions of dollars in tax credits and refunds since 2009. Tax filing software provided through MyFreeTaxes.com powered by H&R Block.
Familywize Prescription Savings Card
The FamilyWize Prescription Savings Card:
- Is free to everyone and has unlimited use – use it every time a prescription is filled.
- Reduces cost – just show the card.
- Covers FDA approved prescription medications.
- Saves an average of 45% on prescriptions.
- Is easy to use with no registration or eligibility requirements.
- Accepted at major chain pharmacies nationwide.
How to get your FREE FamilyWize Prescription Savings Card:
- Download and print your own FamilyWize card (pdf) at home
- Text “family” to 700700 to receive a card on your phone — message and data rates may apply; once you have received the card, you can opt out of getting messages by texting STOP
- Download the FamilyWize App – available for Android and iOS
- Visit our office at 1855 E. Main St., Onalaska, and ask for a card
Visit www.familywize.org for details.