How can United Way help?
Great Rivers United Way receives phone calls and emails from people seeking assistance on a daily basis. While we empathize immensely with these struggles, United Way is not able to provide monetary support directly to individuals. We only fund programs; however, a number of those programs, or the following partnerships, may be helpful to you!
Requests for direct assistance are referred to Great Rivers 211, a United Way partner, for a more complete referral.
Campaign to Change Direction
The Campaign to Change Direction is a national mental health awareness movement. The La Crosse community is fortunate to be one of only a few regional locations kicking off the campaign. For more information, please visit the Campaign to Change Direction website.
Great Rivers United Way is a resource for disaster response and recovery. If you need to report disaster-related damage; would like to request the services of a case worker; and/or are interested in helping with a gift of money or time, please visit our disaster response page for more information.
Great Rivers 211 is a United Way funded partner offering information and referral and crisis line services. To reach Great Rivers 211:
- call 2-1-1 (landline) or 1 (800) 362-8255 (cell phone),
- live chat at www.greatrivers211.org,
- or text your zip code to 898211.
Help for Hard Times
Great Rivers United Way has partnered with Great Rivers 211 to compile a guide to help people who are struggling within the Great Rivers Region. View Help for Hard Times 2021 (pdf).
The MyFreeTaxes Partnership provides free state and federal tax preparation and filing assistance for qualified individuals. The MyFreeTaxes Partnership’s online and in-person tax preparation and filing services have helped millions of families claim billions of dollars in tax credits and refunds since 2009.
SingleCare prescription savings card
Great Rivers United Way partners with SingleCare (formerly FamilyWize) to provide community members with access to affordable prescription medications, ensuring greater health and financial stability.
The SingleCare prescription savings card:
- Always free to use by everyone—just show it to the pharmacist
- Save up to 80% on 10,000+ prescription medications
- Accepted at major pharmacy chains nationwide
- No registration or eligibility requirements. Use it
- Sign up on SingleCare.com for additional member savings
- Works whether you’re insured or underinsured
- Unlimited uses
How do I get a card?
- Contact Great Rivers United Way at: email@example.com
- Download and print a card on www.singlecare.com
- Text “family” to 700700 to receive a card on your phone*
- Download the free SingleCare mobile app from the App Store or Google Play Store
*Message and data rates may apply