PROJECT COORDINATOR – Job Description (pdf)
The Project Coordinator will lead the implementation and growth of a five-year project plan and (anticipated) two-year sustainability/evaluation plan to improve behavioral health in the communities of La Crosse County. This will be accomplished in coordination with multiple stakeholders: service and healthcare providers, government agencies, nonprofit organizations, schools, informal providers, and mental health care consumers.
The Better Together Project Coordinator will be hired as an employee of Great Rivers United Way and will be located in their Onalaska, Wisconsin, office. This position is supported 100% by grant funds that are guaranteed through June 2022 and expected to be renewed for two years beyond to ensure sustainability.
- Coordinate planning, implementation of activities, meetings, and communication across multiple teams and partner organizations.
- Maintain and continuously update strategic plan for project, with input from participants.
- Work with Project Evaluator and Steering Committee on project and strategy development, data needs and evaluation, communication within the project and to the community, and managing collaborations.
- Attend and actively participate in periodic (quarterly) planning meetings of funded communities throughout Wisconsin.
- Connect with community-based initiatives, agencies, and individuals working towards behavioral health improvement and develop opportunities for collaboration as appropriate.
- Engage with partners and potential partners through area coalitions, projects, and collaborative initiatives to form connections between initiatives.
- Recruit partners from community to appropriate strategy teams, committees, and project efforts.
- Develop and manage annual grant budget and stay current on need for budget changes.
- Manage and track all project expenses and purchases for future project audit, maintain records of all grant fund use. Prepare monthly invoices to funder.
- Track grant activities and prepare all funder-required grant reports with the assistance of the fiscal agent.
- Coordinate administrative processes such as travel planning and expense reimbursement with fiscal agent.
- Strong project management experience, including budgeting
- Grant management and administration experience, preferably multi-year grants
- Strong understanding of group dynamics and facilitation of groups
- Experience developing sustainability plans
- Experience leveraging resources in collaborations
- Experience managing interdisciplinary teams, boards, committees, citizen groups, and/or volunteers
- Strong diplomacy/mediation and relationship management skills, especially with multiple stakeholders
- Strategic planning and project progress tracking experience
- Strong working experience with Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Excellent written and verbal communication and presentation skills
- Strong familiarity/work experience with the behavioral health field preferred
- Knowledge of La Crosse area community and its resources (optional)
Please send a letter of interest and resume to LMHSC-Better Together, 1300 Badger St. #3065, La Crosse WI 54601.