Have you ever wondered what happens to the money raised during Great Rivers United Way’s annual campaign? Being a Community Investment Volunteer is a great opportunity to help decide how the funds raised will be spent on programs in our six-county service region.
Every year we ask community members to come together to review program applications and determine how Great Rivers United Way’s funds should be distributed.
Being a Community Investment Volunteer means:
- Working together with 100+ other volunteers throughout our six-county service region
- Reviewing and scoring Partner Programs program applications submitted by Partner Agencies
- Making important decisions on investing donated funds
- Making a difference in our communities
As a Community Investment Volunteer, you will give approximately 10-13 hours of service to the community between the beginning of December and mid-January:
- 1 hour of training on how to review grant applications online
- 7-10 hours of reviewing and scoring applications online on your own time
- 2 hours of discussion and ranking of your assigned programs with a group
Recruitment for Fall 2018 Community Investment Volunteers has already begun! To get your name on the list or request more information, please contact Liz Evans at (608) 796-1400 or email@example.com.