My name is April Fair. I started at Great Rivers United Way in September 2023. My past role as an Adolescence Shelter Worker in the WRAS shelter unit at La Crosse County opened the door for me to want to do more for my community.
I graduated from an HBCU (Historically Black College and University) in 2012 with a Criminal Justice degree. I have always had the passion to help others. I am a person with a huge heart. I am excited about being a Community Health Worker (CHW) at Great Rivers United Way. I know I have so much to bring and learn within the role. My plan is to continue to build the CHW brand in a positive way and put CHWs on the map.
In my spare time, I coach the dance team that I founded last year: the Lax Elite Majorettes. I see that as my way of giving back to my community. I love coaching my girls – it brings me joy to see them grow not only as dancers, but young ladies.
15 Questions for April
- What are you most excited about in your new position? Getting to know new people, and connecting with resources to help individuals and families in my community.
- Favorite color? Pink
- Number of children? 3
- Least favorite household chore? Dusting
- Latest tidbit you’ve learned about United Way? The many different departments within the company.
- Favorite recreational activity? Dance
- Genre of music? Saxophone Jazz, Hip Hop, and R&B
- Most likely to order on a menu? Steak and Cheesecake
- Favorite movie? Waiting to Exhale and Sparkle
- Most looking forward to in your first United Way campaign? Meeting the goal
- Role model? Angela Bassett and Kandi Burruss
- Favorite place to visit? Texas
- Guilty pleasure? Staying busy
- Memorable moment in the new job thus far? Graduating from CHW training
- Favorite thing about our community? The diversity