Jan Henry is new to Great Rivers United Way, but she is very familiar with non-profit organizations, and the great impact these organizations have throughout our community. Jan was the Finance & Operations Manager for the La Crosse Symphony Orchestra for eighteen years and had developed a new inspiration for the Arts and its impact on this area. Music truly is good for the soul.
As the Finance Director here at Great Rivers United Way, she’s excited about the opportunity to help support the community programs that make this area so special.
15 Questions for Jan
- What are you most excited about in your new position? Learning more about the agencies we collaborate with.
- Favorite color? Purple
- Number of children? 2
- Least favorite household chore? Cleaning the litter box.
- Latest tidbit you’ve learned about United Way? They do more for the region than I had originally thought.
- Favorite recreational activity? Reading
- Genre of music? Pop/Rock
- Most likely to order on a menu? Chimichangas
- Favorite movie? Any of the Batman movies.
- Most looking forward to in the first United Way campaign? Developing a full understanding of the campaign process.
- Role model? Giannis Antetokounmpo
- Favorite place to visit? Punta Cana, Dominican Republic
- Guilty pleasure? Donuts
- Memorable moment in the new job thus far? Having to paint a picture of Teri during a staff meeting.
- Favorite thing about our community? The beauty