Hello! My name is Jennifer Roberts. I grew up in Black River Falls but moved away for college, and began a life in Ohio. I had two wonderful children, who have since provided me with three beautiful granddaughters. I also lived in Iowa, where my children completed school, for 14 years.
I went back to Upper Iowa University as a nontraditional student and completed my elementary education degree. I started my professional career as a home visitor at HAWK Partnerships for Children and was saddened when the grant that funded my position ended. I then ran the Postville Community School District’s home school program, working in partnership with the boys and the girls private, Jewish schools.
I found myself wanting to spend time with my dad, so I moved back to Black Rivers Falls about 10 years ago. He was diagnosed with cancer, and we have since lost him. I now reside in the home I grew up in.
I heard about a job as a home visitor at Children’s Wisconsin in Black River Falls and applied. I worked at Children’s as a home visitor and later as a Community Health Worker (CHW). I started with Great Rivers HUB in October 2023. I am excited to see the growth of the HUB’s CHWs and all of the great work they do to support those who need it the most.
15 Questions for Jennifer
- What are you most excited about in your new position? Helping those that help others.
- Favorite color? Red
- Number of children? 2
- Least favorite household chore? Any! I would rather clean the barn!
- Latest tidbit you’ve learned about United Way? How much great work they do in the community.
- Favorite recreational activity? Horses and reining horses, in particular.
- Genre of music? Anything but country.
- Most likely to order on a menu? I am trying to stay away from fried foods, but you have to order it sometimes.
- Favorite movie? Horse movies
- Most looking forward to in your first United Way campaign? The excitement of the team and team effort everyone shares.
- Role model? Great leaders, who have real passion and dedication – no one in particular.
- Favorite place to visit? Any vacation – perhaps an all-inclusive resort.
- Guilty pleasure? Chocolate and flavored coffee
- Memorable moment in the new job thus far? I love how positive and helpful everyone is. It is a true team here.
- Favorite thing about our community? How friendly and helpful everyone is.